Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Ready To Say Goodbye

The only paper trimmer that I ever have has worn out. She has accompanied me ever since I started this cardmaking hobby. I'm kind of sad that I have to say goodbye to her anytime soon. I brought her all the way from Canada along with other cardmaking tools and supplies. I also brought an extra set of blades for future use and sadly they're dull now. To my surprise, the last blade did not last quite long. I think it's because the line where the blade goes through to cut paper is not smooth anymore. Apparently all this time, I'm not only cutting papers but the trimmer itself. I think it made the blade dull faster than it should have. I asked my Mom to bring more blades when she came here last October. Silly me, I gave her wrong information and she bought the wrong blades. :-(

It's time to buy a new one. The problem is that I can't go to a local scrapbooking store to get a new one since there ISN'T any. I have to shop on-line and the shipping cost to Indonesia can be very expensive.

Here is a paper trimmer by Making Memories which I love to have. I'm just not sure if I'm ever going to have it.
I went to a bookstore today to look for a paper trimmer. There is only one available and it costs about $80 and I'm not familiar with the brand. It's made in Japan which is supposedly good. I need to do more research on the product and its manufacturer and need to do this sooner than later or I have to stop making card. So many tools I have and yet this is the only one that can keep me going...or not.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I just read your post, have you bought another trimmer yet?
    If not, you should take a look at
    Carl trimmers. http://www.carlmfg.com/us/carl/Products/TrimmersCutters/RT200215218.htm It's what we use at the store I design at and what I use at home. They can be pricey but I picked up one from Joanns.com with a 50% coupon for about $25.

    ReplyDelete