Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Plain Me

My Mom thinks I'm not fashionable enough and I should dress up a bit. She made that comment on day 1 we spent time together, comparing me with my little sis who is not so little anymore by the way. She is a pregger now :-)

We went to Supermall as she wanted to look for dressy shoes for my sister. She asked me to choose a pair too as she would like to buy one for me as well. I even haven't wore the ones that she bought me last time. It's still in a box, kept in my parent's crawl in Canada.

Today, she came by for a quick visit. Unfortunately, the plan has changed as she had to go somewhere else. But she promised that she'll spend the day tomorrow. Guess what, she bought me this pair of leggy pants. She asked me to choose between this and the silver one. Right away, I declined the silver one and let my sis has it. It's just too much for me and would be perfect for her.

Granted, she's right. I don't wear make-up and I don't wear jewelries. I prefer a shorter hair style as it's just quick and easy. In a salon, I can't stand waiting of one blow drying and/or styling my hair while other women enjoy that.

The other day, I went for a facial treatment, the girl was so impressed with my skin and thought that I was only 25. But she also made a comment about how 'tomboy' I was. Hmm...I don't think I'm a tomboy. I still wear dresses etc. I'm just a plain woman.

May be this is a wake up call. Maybe it's time for me to take care myself a bit more. People tend to care less about themselves once they have a baby. It's quite funny that I'm a grown up woman and yet still a momma's girl in that sense.

5 comments:

  1. I was a bit of a tomboy growing up, and never got into dressing up much,it is a style all its own - sporty classic.

    (P.S. I can't imagine wearing those shoes, pretty though they are)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THOSE SHOES!!! FUN!

    Thank you for participating in my giveaway... sorry you didn't win... BUT starting the 5th... I will be having weekly giveaways
    until the end of the year!
    ENJOY your weekend!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tend to lean towards convenience in clothes rather than style..

    I do love those shoes though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)) hahaha..tomboy?........ can't say much, I laughed to much... Lovely shoes, but I can't stand if I have to wear that in hours.....


    ........................ :)

    ReplyDelete