Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Artisan: Artistry By McKenzie


Meet this week Saturday Artisan: McKenzie of Artistrybymckenzieg.

Tell us a bit about yourself and what arts/ crafts that you make?
I am McKenzie Guymon. I make vintage inspired accessories!


What is your favourite item in your shop?
Right now I am totally in love with the Black Chandelier Headband!


What is your best seller?
My best seller would definately have to be my Audrey Clip. I currently make it in black and brown. I will mix different colored beads for the center of the clip as well.

How does your day go in general?
I am a cosmetologist, so I usually work during the day, then in the evening, I get to play on Etsy and create more accessories!

What inspires you?
I just love watching movies. Every movie inspires me in some way. I also just like playing around with my materials until I become inspired!

What is your goal for 2010?
I would love to have 50 sales this year.

What is your favourite tool that you cannot live without?
I can't live without my scissors!

How do you promote your shop?
I participate in Etsy Forums, have a Facebook fanpage, and a Twitter account.

Any advice for a newbie running his or her on-line shop?
I am the wrong person to ask! I am still fairly new! But I find the most success when I am always adding new items.

During this recession time, tell us one thing that you do to save money?
I am all about keeping all of the change that I have and using it!! Too many people just throw coins away!

1 comment:

  1. The sad faces scare me!
    I will go check out McKenzie's stuff. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete