Friday, January 3, 2014

Valentine's Tags to Support Because I am a Girl Campaign

One of my New Year resolutions for 2014 is to actively involve in charity works. To be where I am in life, I feel blessed. Sure there have been challenges and road blocks in the past years (particularly in 2013) and there will always be but I am sure there are people out there that were unfortunate than us.

In the past years, I donated to non-profit organizations that rescued animals. This year, my focus is to help vulnerable and disadvantaged women and girls.

I've created these Valentine's Tags with giving a hope in mind. These sweet Valentine's day favor tags have a pretty butterfly and hearts.  Gotta love the chevron pattern too! I find pink and gray colors work well together.

50% of the sale price will be donated to Because I am a Girl campaign . 



Because I am a Girl is Plan’s global initiative to end gender inequality, promote girls’ rights and lift millions of girls – and everyone around them – out of poverty.

It is a fact that girls are disadvantaged because they are young and female. They are more likely to live in poverty,  be denied access to education and more likely to be malnourished. Studies show that investing in girls will benefit the whole world.

Did you know?

  • 70% of the one billion people living in extreme poverty are women and girls.
  • Girls are 3x more likely to be malnourished than boys.
  • Globally, 65 million* girls do not attend primary or secondary school.

There is an urgent need to stand up for the rights of millions of girls. In the poorest regions of the world, girls face double discrimination and unique barriers to survival and development, simply because they are young and female.

But when girls attain their basic human rights, they will:
  • Be 6x less likely to be married as children
  • Have 2.2 fewer yet healthier children
  • Increase their contributions to household income by 18%
More information can be found here.

Get ready for Valentine's day! Spread the love! Give the gift of hope, support a charity and make the world a better place to live. Every dollar counts.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful charity to support, Nat! It's fabulous to be able to give back to the community, whether locally or globally. Worldwide, women are not given the same rights as men, even here in the US where there is a discrepancy in wages, healthcare, etc. But I can't complain here considering what girls in other countries face each day . . . it breaks my heart. I'll definitely check this charity out and it might be added to our list of charities to donate to. Thanks for sharing. And I hope you sell lots of the hearts for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause you have chosen! Even girls in developed nations need help with their self-esteem from the constant barrage of messages from society telling them that they are not pretty enough, not thin enough, not smart enough, etc. They are also taught to be obedient to the point that they don't know how to stand up for themselves or protect themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to give back to the community. The tags are beautiful. I hope they'll be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you sell a lot of the tags and that you make a lot of girls freer and happier.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an inspirational post! I will promote your tags as often as I can. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great charity. 'll definitely check it out. I hope your sales help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you Tons of sales for these adorable Valentines tags, Nat. What a wonderful charity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to help others! Thank you for sharing your passion and creativity. The Valentine tags are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've presented some interesting facts. I think it's wonderful that you are participating in giving to this unfortunately needed charity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative. There were some very startling facts about how girls are treated. Thank you for posting and I hope you sell a lot to help this great sounding charity.

    ReplyDelete